Thursday, April 10, 2014

Kennedy Loves an “All Day Sucker” (with photos & details) – My Scene Retro Glam RollerGirls

I figured that this doll would make a good starter for my blog. 

Doll: “My Scene RollerGirls” Kennedy Doll (Mattel, 2006)

Doll Description: Kennedy knows retro fashion is all the rage!
She’s rockin’ a red miniskirt, rainbow striped halter, and awesome accessories!

Why I bought her:
Awesome accessories (including another outfit), Bright colors, and her Controversial look.
This doll’s outfit is crazy sexy, like some kind of cute and quirky lingerie you’d purchase to spice up the bedroom!
The outfit has been made pretty cheaply, too (some uneven seams)…
…but who cares about that when it’s only meant to last 
for one lap-dance before it’s removed?? LOL
She actually came with a cardboard cutout of an all-day sucker… NOT EVEN KIDDING.

RollerGirl Retro Glam?
-or-
RollerDerby Hot Damn!

Image

New In the Box

Image
Hanging on her Glittery cardboard backing

Image
Her adorable Cherry earrings *POP!*

Image
Her trendy visor and cardstock lollipop… I’m still chuckling.

Image
Starry Sunglasses

Image
Detail shot of her cheap/weird stitching.

Image
So, to show off the extra outfit and accessories, I brought a My Scene Nolee into the photoshoot to model.


On a side note, Nolee has a belly button piercing!
I’ve pictured it in this post because it’ll probably never get its own blog post, but it’s still interesting in regards to the My Scene target audience age, which I believe is meant to be 7-12 year olds! 

I’m not sure what Mattel was thinking, or if they were thinking at all, but I wonder if Nolee’s “hidden bling” was even something parents would notice before buying.
I mean, you can see above how hectic and distracting the RollerGirls boxing looks!

Image

Nolee is just an extra doll of mine that came in a lot I purchased some time ago.
She still needs a bit of work (some marks that are not easily removed by cleaning),
but she is the only My Scene type that I had handy.

Her black bracelet was already on, 
and her shoes are Target Exclusive Barbie Basics Red & White strappy heels.
The rest of the outfit came with Kennedy.

So for my last picture, here they are together!
I hope that you have enjoyed my first post, feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment