Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Fashionistas – Raquelle and Barbie

After much, and I mean MUCH deliberation, I chose Raquelle as the Fashionista I wanted most to add to my collection.
I sell Barbie clothing on eBay and I needed a model who could fit a multitude of styles.
I love the sweetness in her eyes, and the pink streaks in her hair are perfect
for the insane amounts of pink in Barbie’s wardrobe.
Image
I couldn’t wait to redress her, though!
I loved her boots, but…
Her necklace looked overly cheap, and her purse looked like some space age, 
awkward, mini-radio looking thing.
Additionally, I’m not a fan of her “poof-sleeve” dress – although I know a lot of people are!

NEW STYLE: 
I chose a semi-permanent outfit that she could still wear her boots with.It’s a handmade one-piece, with floral and gingham patterns.A tiny pink clutch instead of that other monstrosity of a handbag…I also added a matching bracelet (I think it’s a Liv doll bracelet).
It was hard to incorporate all of those pink and blue tones, but I think I did alright.
Image

AND THEN…
As soon as Raquelle was settled, another Fashionista landed in my lap!
She’s the Barbie Glam Swappin’ Styles Fashionista.
I won’t say how (I have my ways) but I came across this girl
for an extremely low price, almost free:
Image
Again, AHHH! These outfits (for the most part) are terrible!
Gaudy super yellow gold necklace and earrings,
a little (bubbly?) hard plastic purse in baby pink,
with translucent bracelet and shoes in a subtle soft magenta color.
The dress isn’t too exciting, either. I LOVE rouched dresses, but…
that weird collar was a total turn-off.
I wouldn’t have chosen her as my ideal, simply because her features are so typical of the brand,but she would definitely come in handy when modeling outfits for sale.
I seriously did like her little bracelet and shoes, so I did something that I do in real life…
I chose her permanent outfit based on the shoes! LoL
I think it works…
It’s a handmade two-piece, with a ruffled floral-satin skirt in magenta and black.
The tank top is halter-style with shiny foil writing details.
I let her borrow Raquelle’s clutch for the photo. Hahaha
I think my image is a bit blurry, I’m sorry.
Image

Together, they actually look a lot like best friends!
Maybe they just pretend to hate one another when they are "acting" 
for the "Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse" series... lol
Both have since come in handy for my eBay sales, so I’m glad they’ve joined my collection.
Image
Image

Who is your favorite Fashionista?

No comments:

Post a Comment